Call for Entries!!!
The Clouds Pavilion: An Uninvited Pavilion for the 2014 Venice Biennale
Commissioned by Reality Cues // Curated by Archistophanes and Antiquides
See The Clouds Pavilion page for full details!!!
“Fan fiction is what literature might look like if it were reinvented from scratch after a nuclear apocalypse by a band of brilliant pop-culture junkies trapped in a sealed bunker...They're fans, but they're not silent, couch-bound consumers of media. The culture talks to them, and they talk back to the culture in its own language.” — Lev Grossman, TIME, July 18, 2011
“Herodotus says, ‘Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest do not happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects’.” — Mark Twain
What would the story line of architecture look like if it was reinvented from scratch? Which starchitects would make up the cast of your dramas? Which buildings would populate the backdrops of your global stage? Reality Cues is about making architecture in digital, interactive, and social media, where ownership is communal and subject matter changes as quickly as users can click the 'share' button. Within this culture of reposting, reblogging, and retweeting is the opportunity to retell and reinvent. Combine this with the ease with which anyone can alter images to create virtual worlds, and you are left with an increasingly fuzzy area between fiction and reality.
Congratulations to the winners and everyone who participated!
First Prize: "Indisputable proof that Peter Eisenman is only 28 inches tall" by Phyllis Hempke
Second Prize: "Diller Scofidio + Renfro collaboration with Gordon Bundt-shaft" by Jackie Woon Bae and Tracey Coffin
Third Prize Tie for best GIFS!!!:
"Foxy Fingers" by Eddie Peraza Garzon
"Archimprov: 'Yes And' is Not More" by Rajiv Fernandez
See The Fan Fiction Competition page to see the Honorable Mentions
The Age of the Architects is coming.
Part magazine, part user manual, part reference book, each issue is a compendium of vividly rendered ideas for architects to indulge in and learn from. Have a look and order your copy today!
(1) Order of Tropes: The Eco-Porn Issue - 25$ (+ shipping)
The Eco-Porn issue includes:
· Interviews with Antonio Torres of Bittertang, Beatriz Ramo of STAR, and Ulf Mejergren & Anders Berensson of visiondivision
· Essays by Sammy Medina, Darien Montañez and Archistophanes
· Special features by GraffitiLab and new work by Reality Cues
· Contributors: BanG studio, Ernest Morgan, Will McMullam, Feliks Bochenek, Charles Lee, Jose Edgar Rodriguez Pacheco, Marlenn Siaca, Helene Crusson Ripoche, P.M. Gaynor, Eric Karasek, Cooper Jones, Maureen McGee, Nicole Carlson, Michelle Elbers, Katherine Wiley, Chantale Martin, Travis Tabak, Double D’s, Jonathan M Essary, Kyle Kiser, Yoshihara Hisao, David Hanrahan, Donghyun Kim, Anne Gerharz, Igor Goldstein, Ida Tam, Casey Tucker, Nathan Huette, Juan C. Garduño, Nejc Florjanc, Jareb Parker, Tommi Salmi and Jason Fedors
Your issue of Tropes: Eco-Porn will be a unique, handmade book. Each issue is printed and bound on-demand by Publication Studio and comes complete with a born-on date. On-demand printing means no material waste! Yay environment!
See The Eco-Porn Competition page to view the Honorable Mentions, just a taste of the architectural wonders you will see in your issue of TROPES!
Le Cor(nudie)r Collage Competition
The !!!!!!!!!!!!! Competition
See the aToll project page for more!
Bodega of the Future