It is well-known that in 1927 Charlotte Perriand applied for a position at Le Corbusier’s studio and was rejected by Corb himself stating, “We don’t embroider cushions here.” By 1928, not only did she impress Corbusier enough to get the job, but she designed the historic LC4 Chaise Lounge for his atelier.
It is also well-known that Reality Cues began its competition series with the historic Le Cor(nudie)r Collage Competition. In this respect, we thought it appropriate to kick off the next round of Reality Cues competitions by “looking for the woman” so to speak because behind every great male architect is a great female architect. Or in the case of Louis Khan: female architects.
Reality Cues is about making architecture in digital, interactive, and social media, where ownership is communal and subject matter changes as quickly as users can click the ‘share’ button. Within this culture of reposting, reblogging, and retweeting is the opportunity to modify and subvert prevailing tendencies. Combine this with the ease with which anyone can alter images to create virtual worlds, and you are left with an increasingly fuzzy area between the so-called virtual and real.
Use the above-provided image of Charlotte Perriand to make the most provocative image possible (larger image found here).
JPEGs and animated GIFs accepted.
Need inspiration? Check out some out some of our past winners: Le Cor(nudie)r Collage Competition and The !!!!!!!!!!!!! Competition
Emily Gaynor Porto
Submissions will be judged based on relevance, creativity and execution.
Prize for Best Overall Image: Mini LC4 Chaise Lounge with scale figure
Prize for Honorable Mentions:
Competition launch/ Registration Opens: February 01, 2016
Final Submission Deadline: March 01, 2016
Announcement of Winning Entries: April 01, 2016
Please email your submissions to the Reality Cues Librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org) in JPEG or GIF format, at least 900px wide. Include the title and text in the body along with your name as you would like it published.
1. No entrant shall receive or be entitled to receive any payment as a result of a submission or for granting the promoters any right here in or associated with the competition except an award pursuant to the rules herein.
2. Ineligible entrants include any staff or directives of Reality Cues, any jury members and direct employees or relatives.
3. Reality Cues has the right to publish without prior consent all materials submitted to this competition.
4. Submissions shall not be published or made public until after the final submission date.
5. By entering the Competition, any and all entrants, and where applicable, anyone they know or have ever met, agree in full to these Rules and Brief.
6. All work submitted for the competition must be the entrant’s original work. It is the entrant’s sole responsibility to ensure that the work submitted does not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party, including, but not limited to copyright, trademark and design right.
7. The decision of the jury shall be final and binding on all parties, and no disputes shall be entertained.
8. The jury might declare the competition deserted and reject any and all proposals received in response to this competition. Competitors must not communicate with the jury about the competition in any way until a public announcement of the winners is made.